Thursday, January 7, 2010

Not So According to Plan

Everything did not go as planned.
Due to pain issues, as well as post-op urinary retention, my outpatient surgery is no longer.
I will be staying the night, and possibly tomorrow if things don't resolve.

The worst incident so far was when something went wrong with my foley catheter. I was in excruciating pain for a good five minutes while the nurse administered my meds, then got everything ready. I'm better now that the foley is out, but I have to pee like you wouldn't believe...and I can't.
Here's a picture of me just post-relief of the foley pain:



I'm very pale in this picture due to the amount of pain I was in. My heart rate increased to 102bpm during the incident. I am better now, but I'm hoping no other things happen.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts! I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment