Monday, March 19, 2012

Help Me Afford A Wheelchair!

I found out that insurance will not cover a wheelchair for me, just because I won't be using it 24/7! I can move around my house, with some difficulty, and walk short distances, but I can't stand for long periods of time or walk longer than a block or two. So I started a fundraiser. Please, please, PLEASE share this with as many people as you can. Post it on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, wherever. I need this to reach as many people as possible, so I can make my goal. Any leftover money after I purchase the wheelchair will go to medical bills and assisted devices.



Thanks guys!

5 comments:

  1. I have donated, and posted on Facebook, as well as on my blog.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posted on FB. I really hope you get the money you need quickly! Good luck, bendy friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did your doc write a letter of medical necessity? Have you tried clubs (in the US we have Elks, Lions, stuff like that)? Even second hand wheelchairs might work. I had to fight for my wheelchair, but I got it after a year. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you accept Paypal? I tried using that SSL link but no worky.

    Bendy Brit in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah Jane: My docs won't write the letter because they don't think it will help. We don't have any of those clubs here, I don't think. Second hand won't work, because of the type of chair and specific specs I need

    Bendy: I do have a paypal account if you'd still like to donate, the email address is deadvenomous@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete