Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What's Up?

So I figured I'd post a little update for now until I can get some real content added. Recently I've been just overall run down, so not feeling too great. So here's some stuff that is going on in my life:

-I have to make an appointment for yet another sleep study
-I was once again denied SSI
-I've been tired constantly
-I adopted a second dog

and last but not least, some big news! In the coming months, I will be moving. Literally dropping everything and starting over in not only a new city, but a whole new state. I will be moving across the country to the East Coast, leaving all of my friends and family behind. I will be moving into a house with a friend of mine. She and her boyfriend will literally be the only people I know there. It's a big deal, this is the first time in my life I will be somewhere where I can't just drive to my parents' house if I need to. My family has also told me that if this falls through, I am entirely on my own, and they will not be helping me. There has been a lot of fighting and love lost between my mother and I recently. It truly feels like she doesn't love me like she loves my siblings, and that my being disabled is a burden to her. She's actually told me to do things around the house she knows I can't do, and that I'm not doing enough, when physically I can't! She should know better than anyone, but instead she's just as bad as the people who tell me I shouldn't park in handicapped spaces because I don't look disabled. It hurts. I've told my family that I will not be returning, or visiting. If they are going to treat me like I don't belong, then I'm done with them. I look forward to taking my dogs, my cats, and my things and moving forward with my life. I deserve to be happy, so I'm making a change. I will update again soon with a few interesting topics, including a post about my new corset!

Until then,
-Jess

1 comment:

  1. I have always enjoyed reading your blog as I suffer from EDS as well! I nominated you for a Liebster Award!

    http://defygravity321.blogspot.com/2013/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete